(661) 259-3886

Do I need a Seller’s Permit?
It depends. It is a vendor’s responsibility to have the appropriate licenses. For complete information, please check the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration website at: The following are guidelines only.

A Seller’s Permit is required if you:

  • Are engaged in business in California, which generally means you have an office, sales space, warehouse, or other place of business
  • Sell merchandise that would be subject to sales tax if sold at retail
  • Sell more than twice in a 12-month period

A Seller’s Permit is not required with:

  • Merchandise where the tax is pre-paid such as Avon or Tupperware
  • Produce
  • An Occasional Seller’s Form (provided to you by Santa Clarita Swap Meet) certifying you have sold less than 2 times in a 12-month period.

The State of California does not charge a fee to obtain a Seller’s Permit. Be sure to include your name on your Seller’s Permit if it is issued in a company name. You will want to list our location as your place of business: Santa Clarita Swap Meet, 22500 Soledad Canyon Road, Saugus, CA 91350. You are required to bring your Seller’s Permit to your retail space each market day.

Special Permits

Ingestible goods -The sale of any ingestible goods, including but not limited to food products, beverages, water, and pharmaceuticals requires a current Health Permit issued by The Los Angeles County Health Department, and prior written consent of The Santa Clarita Swap Meet.
Plants - The sale of plants or cut flowers requires a current Agriculture Permit issued by the Los Angeles County Department of Food and Agriculture, and prior consent of the Santa Clarita Swap Meet.

What’s your Return Policy?

Can your customer exchange their purchase if they are unhappy? In the State of California, retailers that do not offer a full cash refund, exchange, or store credit within seven days of the purchase date, are required to clearly post their refund policy. If you do not accept refunds, your goods must be clearly marked “as is,” “no returns accepted,” “all sales final,” or similar language. Retailers failing this requirement are required to give full refunds within 30 days of purchase. In addition to posting your refund policy, we recommend a receipt for items sold, complete with date, Vendor name, and space number.


It is unlawful to sell merchandise bearing counterfeit trademarks or that infringe on copyrighted designs or logos!