Swap Meet Rules & Regulations
The purchase of a Rental Agreement constitutes an agreement by the purchaser, (Vendor) to comply with all policies and rules of The Santa Clarita Swap Meet, (The Market), and all applicable local, state, and federal ordinances, regulations, and laws. Failure to comply with any of these rules, or to obey the requests of the Santa Clarita Swap Meet employees or agents, may result in termination of selling privileges and forfeiture of fees. It is the Vendor’s responsibility to review these rules each time they purchase a Rental Agreement.
Vendors shall comply with all applicable city, county, state, and federal laws, and shall hold Santa Clarita Swap Meet harmless against failure to do so. Vendors shall be aware of and comply with all sections of the California and Federal statutes, including, but not limited to, those under Business Professional Codes. Vendors shall prominently display in their sales space a valid California Sellers Permit, applicable licenses, and any refund, receipt and warranty policies.
In most cases, Vendors are required to have a valid California Seller’s Permit issued by the State Board of Equalization, if they sell more than 2 times in a 12-month period. To understand the various permitting and licensing rules that apply, please check the California State Board of Equalization website at www.boe.ca.gov. Vendors must register their own mailing address with the State Board of Equalization.
Vendors shall understand that as a condition of entering the Santa Clarita Swap Meet, any and all information regarding the Vendor may be disseminated at the sole discretion of The Santa Clarita Swap Meet.
The Santa Clarita Swap Meet reserves the right:
- to refuse service and/or admission to anyone.
- to inspect all items for sale.
- to request removal of any items considered inappropriate for The Market.
- to prohibit certain items from being sold or exchanged.
- to request Vendors to dismantle unsafe canopies, tents, or other structures.
- to relocate Vendors within The Market.
- to deny Vendors further selling privileges.
- to establish acceptable sound levels.
- to change the rules and regulations.
The Santa Clarita Swap Meet does not sanction or endorse any services or products represented by our Vendors.
The names Saugus Speedway, Saugus Swap Meet, and The Santa Clarita Swap Meet are the property of Rodeo Land Company and cannot be used without permission of the owners.
Liability and Risk:
The Santa Clarita Swap Meet does not provide liability insurance for Vendors. The Santa Clarita Swap Meet, its owners, officers, employees and contracted personnel, are to be held harmless from any liability or damages arising from a Vendor’s use of the premises and/or injury to persons or property resulting from items sold or exchanged by Vendors thereon. Vendors must have liability insurance and are responsible for any injuries or damages, either to persons or property.
The Santa Clarita Swap Meet is not liable, and assumes no responsibility, for any loss or damages to a Vendor’s property.
Reserving a Space:
All Vendors must be over the age of 18 and possess a valid U.S. driver’s license to sell or make a reservation at the Santa Clarita Swap Meet. Vendors may be asked to present proof of vehicle insurance upon making a reservation or entering the premises.
Only the registered owner listed on the California Seller’s Permit, and identified with a valid U.S. driver’s license, may sign a Santa Clarita Swap Meet Rental Agreement for a space reservation. Rental Agreements may not be modified, transferred, sold, or assigned to another party.
The Santa Clarita Swap Meet does not replace lost reservation cards, issue rain checks, refunds, or exchanges for another date.
Rental Agreements purchased on the selling day (drive-ups) must be paid for with cash.
Reservations for spaces are held until 7:00 a.m. Spaces not occupied by 7:00 a.m. will become available for sale to other Vendors.
Space prices are based on location with prices painted on every spot. Upgrade charges may apply if a Vendor moves to a more expensive space or occupies an additional space.
Spaces are approximately 16’x20’ and both vehicle and merchandise must fit within the boundary of this assigned space.
- Telephone Reservations: Credit cards are accepted including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. A $2 processing fee for daily phone reservations will be charged.
- In Person Reservations: During regular office hours, we accept cash, check, and credit cards. Please note, we only accept personal checks drawn from a California Bank, with a valid California Driver’s License.
- Drive-up line: Cash only. No bills over $20 please.
Selling Day Policies:
All Vendors must fill out a Sheriff’s/Board of Equalization Form. Drive-up Vendors are required to complete the form every time they sell at The Market.
To enter The Market, you must bring your valid Rental Agreement and U.S. Driver’s License. Display your Rental Agreement and California Seller’s Permit in your space each day of operation.
To avoid a Shopper admission fee, enter with employees and family members in your vehicle.
Vehicle must be parked within the boundary of your assigned space. All vehicles must be out of the aisles by 8:00 a.m. The speed limit in The Market is 3 mph and pedestrians have the right-of-way.
Vehicles may not drive in and out to unload merchandise. After your vehicle enters the property, it must stay on your space until 12:00 p.m. on Tuesdays & Saturdays, 2:00 p.m. on Sundays. You must exit property by 3:00 p.m. on Tuesdays & Saturdays , 4:00 p.m. on Sundays.
Additional merchandise may not be walked in through the gate, or driven in with additional vehicles. Only one vehicle is allowed per space.
All displays must be safely constructed. Secure canopies, poles, tarps, signs, display materials, and merchandise at all times. A weight of at least 25 pounds on each corner is required on all coverings. Bungee cords are not adequate, use straps.
Vendors using electricity will be charged $5.00 per day, per space. Cords must be grounded and in good repair. Extension cords cannot be connected to The Santa Clarita Swap Meet power unless specified for that space. The Santa Clarita Swap Meet is not liable for any damage or injury from electricity, electrical cords, or wiring. No heaters please.
Refund/exchange/return policies must be posted in clear view for Shoppers. We recommend a receipt for items sold, complete with date, Vendor name, and space number.
All merchandise, sales, and advertising activities must be conducted within the marked boundary of your space.
Spaces are to be left broom clean. Unsold merchandise and/or trash must exit with you at the end of the day.
Prohibited Items and Behaviors:
The Santa Clarita Swap Meet strictly prohibits:
- The sale of any ingestible goods, including but not limited to food products, beverages, water, and pharmaceuticals without the prior written consent of The Santa Clarita Swap Meet and a current Health Permit issued by The Los Angeles County Health Department.
- Outside alcohol on the premises.
- Live animals of any sort, including pets.
- Riding bicycles, skates, skateboards, or scooters on the premises.
- Merchandise bearing counterfeit trademarks or merchandise that infringes on copyrighted designs or materials.
- Firearms, ammunition, flammables, explosives, fireworks, or other dangerous items.
- Knives or weaponry, mace-like products, pepper spray, and any other harmful items.
- Pornographic or adult-themed merchandise.
- Drug-related paraphernalia.
- Games of chance, raffles, or lotteries.
- Fortune telling, palm reading, biorhythms, spiritual counseling, handwriting analysis.
- Excessive noise that may disturb other Vendors or Shoppers such as loud music, shouting, or music with inappropriate lyrics.
No person, except officers of the law, and licensed on-duty security guards of The Santa Clarita Swap Meet, may wear or possess firearms on the Premises.