First Timer's Checklist
Have you been dreaming of starting your own business, or simply expanding your current business? If you have a product you would like to sell, and you want lots of customers without the high overhead cost of most retail spaces, then come and be part of the Santa Clarita Swap Meet experience.
Is this your first time selling at the Santa Clarita Swap Meet?
Here are some things to help your day go smoothly.
- Arrive early! As a reserved Vendor, you may enter the property between 5:30 am - 7:00 am.
- Don't be late! After 7:00 am, your reserved space is released to other Vendors.
- Your Rental Receipt and a valid driver's license are required to enter the market. The names must match.
- Phone reservation? Only you can claim your Rental Receipt from the Main Station and your signature is required. The name on the Rental Receipt must match the name on your driver's license.
- We welcome young entrepreneurs! However, if you are under 18, bring someone over 18 with a valid driver's license.
- Spaces are approximately 16' x20' and both your vehicle and merchandise must fit within the boundary of your space. Only one vehicle is allowed per space, so if you have a trailer or large vehicle, it will require the purchase of an additional space.
- Expect to spend the day. For pedestrian safety, once your vehicle enters the property, it must stay on your space until the close of business at 12:00 on Tuesdays and Saturdays, and 2:00 pm on Sundays.
- If you are bringing helpers, have them enter with you in your vehicle to avoid a shopper admittance fee.
- Sometimes the wind can kick up, so secure your displays, canopies, poles, tarps, signs, and merchandise at all times. Most spaces have tie-down hooks provided at each corner. Please use straps; bungee cords or rope are not acceptable.
- Bring lots of small bills to make change for your customers, and bags to carry their new treasures.
- Make yourself comfortable and enjoy the day. A chair to rest, an umbrella or canopy for shade, and water are a good idea. It gets hot in Santa Clarita!
- If you don’t sell it, you need to take it home with you. Dumpsters are for shopper use only.
- Please leave your space as you found it, broom clean.
- It is unlawful to sell merchandise bearing counterfeit trademarks or that infringe on copyrighted designs or logos. We take that very seriously!
- Advertise on Craigslist and let shoppers know you will be at the Santa Clarita Swap Meet. We can help you with that.
- Enjoy your day!!